The Pioneer Church

The Pioneer Church

The Pioneer Church, Los Angeles Cultural Historical Monument No. 14, was built in 1903 with volunteer labor. The congregation served the entire northwest San Fernando Valley until the 1950s. Originally located at 10051 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, it was scheduled to be demolished in 1963. The Chatsworth Historical Society worked with Oakwood Memorial Park to move the building in January 1965 to the northwest corner of Oakwood Memorial Park, 22601 Lassen Street, Chatsworth, the first City Monument to be moved. Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Rogers were patrons of the CHS and assisted financially in the moving of the church. It was refurbished and rededicated in 1976 as part of the community’s Bicentennial Celebration. Since November 15, 1981, the building has been occupied by the congregation of St. Mary the Virgin Anglican-Rite Catholic Church.

FacebookPinterestEmailShare

Stoney Point Park

Stoney Point Park

Stoney Point Park

Stoney Point is a Los Angeles City park near the north end of Topanga Canyon Blvd. in Chatsworth, California. Stoney Point is a popular destination for hikers, equestrians as well as rock climbers because it affords many opportunities to practice the sport of bouldering. The top of the rock formation offers excellent views of Chatsworth, the Santa Susana Mountains and the entire San Fernando Valley. Website